Meet our Ambassadors
The Winter Haven Chamber Ambassadors are an active group of Winter Haven Chamber Members who work as liaisons between the Chamber and the business community. The Ambassadors are the Chamber's cheerleaders and play an integral role in the Chamber's recruitment, retention, and engagement efforts.
Purpose: To assist in the engagement and growth of the Winter Haven Chamber membership and to act as official representatives to the Winter Haven Chamber to existing and new businesses in the surrounding community.
Benefits of Being an Ambassador:
- Exclusive exposure and networking opportunities to build meaningful and profitable business relationships
- Opportunities to create meaningful connections with the Chamber staff and Board of Directors
- Opportunity to be recognized as a Presidential Ambassador at the Chamber's annual Celebrate Winter Haven event (after 1st year)
- Official Ambassador name tag (after 1st year)
- Opportunity to attend ribbon cuttings
- Assist Ana Saavedra, Membership & Sponsorship Development Manager, in the recruitment of new members and retention of current members
- Attend and volunteer at Chamber events, ribbon cuttings, etc.
- Promote the Chamber and Chamber programming to the Winter Haven business community
- Wear Winter Haven Chamber nametag to all events and visits while representing the organization
- Make visits or calls to members to ensure that we have accurate information on their account, find out if they have any questions or concerns, and are fulfilling their needs as a chamber member
The Ambassador Committee meets at Noon on the third Tuesday of each month (except for December). All meeting times and locations will be provided in advance. Ambassadors must attend a minimum of 5 meetings per year.
Presidential Ambassador Status:
Chamber Ambassadors who go above and beyond to provide an extraordinary level of support to the Winter Haven Chamber will receive Presidential Ambassador status and will be recognized annually at the Chamber's Celebrate Winter Haven event. To qualify for Presidential Ambassador status, Ambassadors must:
- Serve as an Ambassador for at least 1 year
- Attend a minimum of 6 committee meetings per year
- Attend a minimum of 7 Off the Clock Chamber Networking events per year
- Attend a minimum of 18 ribbon cuttings or groundbreaking ceremonies per year
- Complete at least 20 Information Update Forms (either by phone or in-person)
- Introduce/connect a minimum of 2 potential new members to Ana
- Be employed by their company for a minimum of 6 months
- Complete the application/commitment form
- Be an upstanding citizen and representative of the business community
Ambassador Selection Process:
Anyone whose business or employer is a current Chamber member is eligible to be a member of the Ambassador Committee. Only one employee will be accepted from each business/organization, with exceptions at the discretion of the Chamber President & CEO and/or Board. Individual members may join the Ambassador Committee if they are in compliance with membership policy. Those interested in joining the committee must complete the Ambassador Interest Survey, linked below. The Ambassador Nominating Committee will make final acceptance decisions. The Ambassador Committee will be limited to 20 members.