Lakeland: SPCA Florida’s Women’s Giving Circle, (WGC) announces the 2020 SPCA Florida WGC
Scholarship Award. Under the Program, one $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to a graduating High School
senior who has demonstrated exceptional dedication and service as an SPCA Florida Volunteer. There will be
one scholarship awarded per year.
Program Guidelines and Priorities:
* Seeking graduating seniors with a record of at least 80 hours volunteerism with SPCA Florida and its
programs. Applicants must meet the follow criteria:
* Must have completed the required 6 month volunteer commitment and at least 80 hours cumulative service to
SPCA Florida by March 15th, 2020 (Verified by SPCAF Volunteer Coordinator)
* Must have demonstrated that you fully support SPCA Florida’s vision, mission and policies and are able to
communicate these to the public.
* Must have demonstrated good customer service skills and have worked well in a team environment
* Applicants must plan to attend a two (2)-year community college or four (4)-year college or university.
*Applicants must have a GPA of 3.0 or above
* Scholarship funds will be paid during the month of August 2020—directly to the college, not the student. The
scholarship funds will be issued to the college or university upon receiving a certificate of enrollment for the fall
semester, which includes the Student ID number and Financial Aid Office address.
* Applicants must have the endorsement of their Guidance Counselor on their application attesting they are
qualified for this scholarship program.
* Applications must be received by the SPCA Florida Women’s Giving Circle no later than March 15th, 2020.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Email completed application to: email@example.com with “Scholarship 2020/[Applicant name]” in the
All applications will be reviewed and recipient selected by the SPCA Florida WGC Scholarship Committee. The
scholarship will be awarded at the SPCA Florida Annual Meeting in June 2020. A formal invitation will be sent
and scholarship winner should plan to attend.
Applications may be downloaded from the SPCA Florida WGC website at:
Please submit any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org